At Sigal Consulting, we understand that all of our projects start with a vision. Our team has navigated the challenges that prospective dispensary operators face, from securing support from local community leaders to communicating a vision for an exceptionally well run dispensary.
Our pre-licensure services include:
- Legal compliance
- Community outreach
- Consensus building and local support
- Business planning and financial modeling
- Real estate selection
- Permit application preparation
- Systems design
In an industry that receives intense scrutiny, it is essential that prospective dispensary operators place a premium on their security plans. Sigal Consulting is comprised of security professionals with day-to-day experience in dispensary operations, all with significant experience and ties to law enforcement at all levels. Our security professionals, led by retired Deputy Superintendent/Lt. Colonel of the Rhode Island State Police, Raymond White, have developed the policies and procedures to address and ease the concerns of local, state, and federal law enforcement officials. Our team works collaboratively with law enforcement to build consensus and foster open and ongoing communications. The safety of patients, employees, and the surrounding neighborhoods are essential to a dispensary’s success.
Our comprehensive security services include:
- Facility review, threat assessment
- Staffing plan
- Hiring and training of personnel
- Equipment selection and installation
- Outreach with local, state, and federal officials
In order to succeed as medical cannabis providers, prospective operators must place a premium on adhering to all regulations and licensure requirements. With deep experience in the strong regulatory climate of the Northeast, Sigal Consulting has developed a turnkey solution with systems and procedures to ensure strict compliance.
Our systems offerings include:
- Departmental handbooks, manuals, and training materials
- Job descriptions, staffing plans
- Dispensary design
- Cultivation facility layout and design
- Inventory control software (“seed to sale”) installation
- Patient database software installation
- Human resources
- Cash management
- Accounting, fiscal controls, tax planning
- Patient education materials
The best way to understand the complexities of operating a medical cannabis facility is to see it in action. Through Sigal Consulting’s relationship with the Thomas C. Slater Compassion Center in Providence, R.I. dispensary applicants can visit, train, and learn all aspects of an operation. Whether it is patient registration, security, retail sales, cultivation, production, infused products, inventory, or the business office, we can help.
Our services include:
- Job sharing and shadowing at the Slater Center
- Sharing of best practices among Sigal clients
- Management training
- Operations manuals for departments and functions
- Expert supervision of security, cultivation, patient care, HVAC, electrical, hydroponics, and environmental systems design
- Best practices in non-profit financial management
Sigal offers its clients a full complement of business planning services. The Sigal team will develop detailed financial models for its clients’ dispensary projects. We will work with clients to develop their business and operational plans. Sigal will network clients to secure competent personnel and advisors and will provide its clients guidance in the selection of optimum real estate for their dispensary and cultivation operations. In addition, Sigal will assist clients to secure appropriate investors or lenders with sufficient capital for project development and ongoing operations.
- Development of business plan
- Financing modeling and projections
- Lending package preparation
- Accessing investor pool